We have sourced high quality organic cotton with a high thread count. Details about the fabric can be found in the product descriptions.
You should know that these are cloth masks and not a substitute for N95 masks. They are not medical grade and we make no guarantees about their protective capacity.
Some elements we incorporated into the mask designs after reading feedback and advice from medical professionals are as follows:
- Two layers of high quality, high thread count 100% organic cotton. Using a spray bottle at close range, we squirted water into the mask 3 times using various fabrics. No water was observed to penetrate the outside of the mask in the fabrics we selected.
- A discreet seam opening on the inside of the mask allows for the insertion of a filter (not included). This also allows for an N95 respirator to be inserted into the cloth mask, thus extending the life of a medical respirator.
- High quality USA made or premium Japanese elastic We use a thin cord elastic for our ear loops that reduces irritation. We also recommend pairing our masks with ear savers, to prevent irritation that may come from wearing masks for many hours.
- A seam at the top of the mask for the insertion of a wire pipe cleaner allows the wearer to mold the mask to their face so that there is no gaping or fogging up of eyewear. We include a soft pipe cleaner with each mask. They should be removed during washing to prevent rust marks.
- All masks have clearly demarcated inside vs. outside to prevent accidental self-infection.
- All seams have been carefully serged to extend the life of the mask through repeated washings.
- Each mask has been carefully hand painted with permanent colorfast dye in an effort to add a little beauty to its important function